What will I Take Away?
SpringHill Dental Assisting Academy strives to provide individual attention in a small class setting. Weekend classes allow minimal disruption to your work schedule while building on a new skill set. Hands-on practice with the guidance of our experienced clinical instructors will give you confidence to start your new chapter as a dental assistant. SpringHill Dental Assisting Academy is where you can launch your dental assisting career in less time.
The classes and labs will cover:
- Function of external and internal structures of the teeth and oral cavity.
- Centers for Disease Control Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings recommendations.
- Care and maintenance of dental office equipment.
- Principles of disinfection, treatment room disinfection.
- Personal Protective Equipment and Instrument Processing and storage.
- Composition, properties and manipulation of dental materials and safety protocol in the dental office and the dental laboratory.
- Dental handpieces, dental burs.
- Dental Unit waterlines.
- Dental charting.
- Impression taking, construction of models, model trimming and other laboratory duties.
- Dental instruments, their care and function.
- Dental procedures and techniques used chairside: Amalgam and Composite restorations, Crown and Bridge Procedures, Simple Extractions.
- Professionalism in dental clinical staff.
- Ethics of patient care.
- Oral communication, patient relations, digital and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Dental and medical terms for the dental health professional.
A word from Jill
Working as a dental assistant for 28 years I have been training dental assistants for 15 years. I know from helping guide successful dental assisting students we have created a course that will enable you to learn key skills that dental offices are looking for while making you a valued staff member. We need dental assistants who love patients, want to contribute to the team effort and want to provide a safe dental care environment.